DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Technical Design Assistant
DÔEN is seeking a highly organized Technical Design Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team environment and is eager to learn. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in technical design and willingness to support where needed in the Technical Design department. This role will report to our VP of Technical Design. This position is currently hybrid and located in Van Nuys, CA.
- Check in and log fit samples on the team tracking WIP chart
- Steam all fit samples after the Technical Design team has measured their respective styles
- Prep fit list and fit status recaps before and after each fitting
- Update comment WIP chart after fitting to reflect fit status recap
- Create / catalogue final production pattern library for future development
- Request patterns as need for new development and send to requested vendors
- Ship fit samples and reference samples as needed
- Order / replenish supplies for fit kit
- Photograph all fit samples during fitting and upload to share folder for cross functional team visibility
- A general interest in Technical Design
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail oriented
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand
- Ability to foster an inclusive and respectful working environment
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity, and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Technical Design Assistant”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER