TECHNICAL DESIGN ASSISTANT
Dôen is seeking a detailed oriented and highly organized Technical Design Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis in North Hollywood. The ideal candidate will work closely with Director of Technical Design by supporting in fittings, measuring fit comments to send to vendors, and evaluating samples.
- Assist Technical Design and Production as needed daily
- Measure fit samples
- Steam fit samples
- Prepare for fitting; pulling all previous fit bodies and reference / vintage samples needed for fitting review
- Upload fit photos to tech packs and save in archived folder for cross functional access
- Set up initial t/p’s for upcoming season including sketches
- WIP board maintenance; printing new sketches after design revisions
- Track sample loans from fit rack
- Add TOP samples to showroom and upload tracking chart once completed
- TOP fitting, t/p comments and communication to vendor
- Update Tech Packs as directed
- Organize and clean out tech design closet on a monthly basis
- Attend production QC size run review; photographing and note taking for internal records
- Archive QC spec sheets from warehouse
- General assistance to production and tech teams as directed
- Run errands as needed for Tech, PD, or Production
- 1+ years’ experience in Technical Design or Product Development/Production
- Degree in Fashion Design or Product Development
- Proficient in all MS Office applications and Illustrator
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Work well in team environment but also independently
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline oriented with ability to adhere to time and action calendars
- Willingness to learn, eager for mentorship
- Desire to grown within the tech dept
Please respond with resume & cover letter.
We are an at will, equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment background check required.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Doen Technical Design Assistant”
Core Hiring Values & Company Culture:
- Grow with us. As we expand as a business, we’re looking for people willing to keep learning and growing with us as a part of our team, with ambition and their own personal goals for their position. You’ll do your part to work toward the company’s goals and your own, with a focus on the end goal and an awareness of the big picture.
- Understand our brand. When filling any position we seek those who have an understanding of our brand point of view and customer. A shared aesthetic understanding is especially important for any position that interfaces with our design and community.
- Work independently, treat people respectfully. We encourage people to be self-sufficient, independent thinkers and problem solvers. We look for team members who treat each other with respect and understanding, while maintaining personal values of honesty, integrity, kindness, and self-improvement.
- Treat management as mentorship. Our managers have a responsibility to provide ongoing feedback, challenging work, and growth opportunities to team members who consistently perform and demonstrate total ownership of their role.