Dôen is a female owned and operated company that makes elevated, yet wearable everyday clothes inspired by the California vintage designs of past decades. Our mission is to support women in the workplace, and we do this by choosing domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. We believe change starts with us.
We are seeking an exceptional Store Manager to join us at our flagship store in the Brentwood Country Mart. This position reports to the Director of Retail and will be responsible for creating exceptional experiences for our customers. The manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and will manage a small team of sales associates. The ideal candidate will understand the Dôen brand and have prior experience in sales, management, team development and building and maintaining client relationships. This candidate will report to and assist the Regional Retail Director and will be eager to grow with the company.
- Support the Retail Director in all aspects of running the store
- Provide the highest level of personalize client experience to our loyal and growing customer base
- Meet sales and productivity goals as an individual and as part of the store team
- Manage the client book and effectively train the team in building and maintaining client relationships
- Provide styling advice based on brand aesthetic and excellent firsthand product knowledge
- Process sales and returns through the POS system with accuracy and efficiency
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Be proactive and take initiative to ensure the store is maintained and running efficiently at all times
- Perform daily operations and closing procedures including daily paperwork and reconciliation
- Protect store assets and inventor
- Participate in monthly inventory counts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a fashion retail environment. Luxury retail preferred.
- Must have experience managing a cash drawer, reconciling cash receipts and experience performing all duties associated with end of day closing
- Energetic, confident and adaptable personality
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to lift, carry and move objects up to 15 pounds
- Open availability including weekends and holidays
- Degree preferred but not mandatory
Please respond with resume & cover letter.
We are an at will, equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment background check required.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Dôen Retail Store Manager”
Core Hiring Values & Company Culture:
- Grow with us. As we expand as a business, we’re looking for people willing to keep learning and growing with us as a part of our team, with ambition and their own personal goals for their position. You’ll do your part to work toward the company’s goals and your own, with a focus on the end goal and an awareness of the big picture.
- Understand our brand. When filling any positionwe seek those who have an understanding of our brand point of view and customer. A shared aesthetic understanding is especially important for any position that interfaces with our design and community.
- Work independently, treat people respectfully. We encourage people to be self-sufficient, independent thinkers and problem solvers. We look for team members who treat each other with respect and understanding, while maintaining personal values of honesty, integrity, kindness, and self-improvement.
- Treat management as mentorship. Our managers have a responsibility to provide ongoing feedback, challenging work, and growth opportunities to team members who consistently perform and demonstrate total ownership of their role.