Sr Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (LA or NY based)
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Sr Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
The Dôen Sr Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will provide senior level finance expertise and analysis to support leadership and team in a wide range of decision making and planning. This position will build and maintain financial models and perform scenario analysis, support departmental leaders in budget creation, analyze and manage a wide variety of data, and interpret and report financial results. This role requires excellent interpersonal, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to collaborate/support multiple teams while managing competing priorities.
- Maintain financial model and create periodic reporting and presentations for FP&A Review with leadership
- Partner with cross-functional teams to perform financial close, planning, forecasting, and reporting and manage continuous innovation and processes improvement in these areas
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Collaborate on financial forecasting and monitor/hone assumptions for revenue, inventory, opex, and taxes
- Forecast cash flow and collaborate with exec team to strategize and plan for periods of cash lows
- Oversee and guide the creation and maintenance of departmental budgets and forecasting operating plans for company initiatives.
- Collect, analyze, and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful periodic and ad-hoc reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
- Utilize the company’s ERP system to maximize efficiency and accuracy of reporting information.
- Gain and update job knowledge and industry contacts to remain informed about nuances of the Dôen business and strategic partners. Be a thought leader to drive continuous improvement, simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions
- Support on valuation and due diligence assignments
- Collaborate on presentation materials for investors, board, or to obtain financing on an as-needed basis.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards and periodic review of reporting integrity
- Understanding and ongoing analyses of performance metrics used to evaluate apparel/DTC performance.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate direct reports
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly analytical
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members of different backgrounds and skill sets, cultural intelligence
- Ability and willingness to present to a group.
- Clear written communication
- Must demonstrate excellent strategic and conceptual thinking, be solution-focused
- Ability to navigate approvals processes and partner on meaningful decisions
- Ability to recover from setbacks and approach problem solving with a team mentality
- Time management and self-prioritization
- Mentorship and empowering people management
- Curiosity and growth mindset a big plus!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least 3-5 years of experience in FP&A/Corporate reporting; Investment banking/Private Equity experience a plus
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Senior FP&A or equivalent in apparel, DTC
- Understanding of performance metrics used to evaluate apparel/DTC performance
- EPR and accounting systems expertise
- Inventory forecasting experience required
- Firm grasp of accounting principles
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.