Sr Accounting & HR Manager
Sr Accounting & HR Manager
Fast growing direct-to-consumer Los Angeles based women’s apparel and accessories company is looking for a Senior Accounting & HR Manager.
We offer huge opportunity for growth, remote/flex work opportunities, and an inclusive and positive company culture.
Position: Sr Accounting & HR Manager
Reports to: CEO
Direct Reports: This role manages contractors
Level: Senior Manager
Location: North Hollywood Office Location / Remote Mix
Type: 30 hrs – flex
Benefits: Competitive Paid Time Off
Compensation: Salary is DOE
Seeking experienced Accounting and HR professional to join our quickly expanding team.
Experience in fashion and/or e-commerce desired but not required.
Ability to take ownership of both high-level Accounting functions as liase with CPA, as well as perform bookkeeping and data entry functions with accuracy.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication.
Must be willing to work in a fast-paced fashion environment and maintain a self starting attitude.
- Manage payroll and implement group medical with payroll provider, including moving staff to provider time tracking and integrating provider with accounting software.
- Interface between employees and HR agency, confirm that company policy is in compliance with EDD standards.
- Collaborate with HR agency to generate, implement & update Employee Handbook.
- Coordinate all new employee on-boarding, including creation of new user accounts.
- Reconcile quarterly clothing allowance for employees/partners, forecast on monthly basis.
- Reconcile monthly internal expense accounts for expenses on samples, damages, donations, and gifts.
- Reconcile quarterly payments to charitable cause-marketing partners, forecast on a monthly basis
- Preform occasional audits on past invoices to confirm that Production Team is estimating product costs accurately.
- Work with Distribution Department to perform occasional audits on UPS calculated vs actual shipping expense to confirm that calculation at customer checkout is accurate.
- Work with Duns and Bradstreet to enhance commercial credit file
- Work with new and existing vendors by providing trade references to secure payment terms
- Oversee sales tax filings with Sales Tax Reporting software, update product tax codes in system. Perform audits on a monthly basis to confirm sale tax collected vs sale tax due.
- Update business licenses, permits, and registrations on a regular basis
- Work with CPA on quarterly basis to forecast Estimated Tax Payments to Shareholders and update financial forecast accordingly
- Manage Month end close process
- Facilitate and manage month end financial review with retained CPA and CEO.
- Reconcile primary balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit accounts.
- Record inventory and COGS at month end .
- Planning and execution of physical inventory counts 1-2x per year with Distribution Team.
- Negotiate with UPS to ensure contract and discounts remain as competitive as possible.
- Perform semi-annual review of company insurance policies with insurance broker to confirm correct level of active coverage.
- Oversee and troubleshoots financial / operational issues with support team at Inventory Management System to maintain accurate financial reporting
- Manage cell and office phone vendors
- Manage IT contractor and purchasing of software licenses and computer equipment as needed
- Approve employee travel requests and manage travel bookings
Please reply with SUJECT LINE: Sr Accounting & HR Manager with CV/Resume, cover letter, and salary expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Background check and references required with all finance roles.