SENIOR TECHNICAL DESIGNER
Dôen is seeking a highly organized and motivated Senior Technical Designer to join our team on a full-time basis in North Hollywood. The ideal candidate demonstrates expertise and knowledge in apparel technical design concepts, practices, and procedures, particularly in the contemporary women’s market. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring quality fit, desired appearance, and company quality standards are met and maintained.
- Strong focus on dresses, but also includes tops, bottoms, sweaters, knits, and outerwear.
- Working with Design to ensure fit, balance, and Aesthetics throughout the pre-production process within the calendar deadline.
- Ensures specs, corrections, and BOM are clearly communicated to vendors while maintaining consistency in fit and quality standards.
- Be able to troubleshoot with overseas vendors to explain construction and fit issues with any means necessary in order to achieve best options which benefits the garment and the company while working in a fast-paced environment
- Self manages workload based on calendar due dates and production deadlines and know how to prioritize with a sense of urgency.
- Attend fittings to review overall fit, balance, and details of garment from prototype through production.
- Meeting with design for pass off of new development styles.
- Collaborate with Tech Manager, Designers, Production, and PD in order to be effective and successful.
- Degree in Fashion Design, Tech, or related, BFA preferred
- Minimum 6-8+ years of direct technical design experience in the better-quality women’s market
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, sewing techniques, trim and technical knowledge of fabric and construction
- Ability to analyze work load and plan accordingly with exceptional follow-up skill
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- Extreme attention to detail
- Preferred-Knowledge of pattern making
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, able to self-motivate, work with cross functional teams when necessary and make call outs that displays efficiency for the teams and future endeavors
- Preferred-Knowledge in all or most fit category’s to be able to step in as needed as daily issues arise.
- Team player
Please respond with resume & cover letter.
We are an at will, equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment background check required.
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Doen Senior Technical Designer”
Core Hiring Values & Company Culture:
- Grow with us. As we expand as a business, we’re looking for people willing to keep learning and growing with us as a part of our team, with ambition and their own personal goals for their position. You’ll do your part to work toward the company’s goals and your own, with a focus on the end goal and an awareness of the big picture.
- Understand our brand. When filling any position we seek those who have an understanding of our brand point of view and customer. A shared aesthetic understanding is especially important for any position that interfaces with our design and community.
- Work independently, treat people respectfully. We encourage people to be self-sufficient, independent thinkers and problem solvers. We look for team members who treat each other with respect and understanding, while maintaining personal values of honesty, integrity, kindness, and self-improvement.
- Treat management as mentorship. Our managers have a responsibility to provide ongoing feedback, challenging work, and growth opportunities to team members who consistently perform and demonstrate total ownership of their role.