DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
DOEN Sample Coordinator
- Support the Director of Production & Product Development in tracking all styles during all stages of development through production, which includes fabrics, trims, embroidery/print trials, and samples
- Organize incoming and outgoing samples during development
- Collect and manage approved samples for photoshoots
- Maintain a clean and organized showroom and sample closet used by Studio Team
- Manage the movement and tracking of showroom and sample closet samples after they return from PR
- Proactively manage receipt, checkout, and disposal of samples against guidelines to ensure timely and efficient sample availability
- Update appropriate departments when samples are received, checked-in, and shipped
- Maintain knowledge of location and status of samples at any given time throughout the development process
- Responsible for the physical organization of the samples
- Communicate cross-departmentally, meet deadlines, and identify discrepancies during the check-in process of samples
- Keep the Design/Development calendar in mind while helping Design stay on calendar and strategize lead times when launching new designs
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Recommend process improvements by identifying problems and potential system enhancements to leadership to increase sample processing effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills, specifically with Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Must be efficient, with strong attention to details
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the Subject: Sample Coordinator