Quality Control Production Specialist
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by vintage designs and a nostalgia for the California of past decades. Driven by the shared desire to make elevated yet wearable pieces for the everyday, we strive to bring more than a boutique shopping experience to you but to use DÔEN to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. As a women-owned company, a cornerstone of the DÔEN brand mission is supporting women in the workplace and in the supply chain; we do this by choosing domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. We celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Quality Control Production Specialist
- Conduct incoming shipment/delivery inspection of points of measure on garments and spec'ing
- Manage quality inspections on all product lines, including RTW, Footwear and accessories
- Responsible for reviewing specifications of all incoming shipments from vendors and performing quality inspection and repairs as needed
- Working knowledge of current product
- Responsible for thorough checks of finished garments
- Report any major specifications out of tolerance and quality observations from received shipments to Production Team
- Work to ensure repairs meet quality standards
- Provide audit data sheet to Production Team
- Ensure product quality standards are maintained at site level
- Partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate and inspect new production arrivals
- Manage structured corrective action planning to identify systematically, correct, and prevent reoccurring issues while minimizing business impact.
- Apply lean practices and statistical analysis to drive focused quality assurance practices with maximum efficiency
- Assist with providing accurate and timely reporting ensuring record keeping and filing is correct, updated, and consistent.
- Make sure that all QC records are following procedures
- Assist Technical Design and Production Teams as needed on special projects/requests
- Report to Production Team if issues are found
- Support the Quality Control Associate Manager and Warehouse Manager with pulling incoming units from production for spec’ing and Quality inspection
- Support Returns Dept on specification requirements, and quality inspection of repaired items returned from the Dôen designated dry cleaning/repair facility
- Maintain knowledge of all procedures and changes to specifications related to areas of responsibilities
- Communicate with cross-functional departments via email
- Responsible for returning all production approvals to inventory management systems via WMS
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding and experience with points of measure on garments and spec'ing to perform QC to ensure measurements are correct for women and children’s apparel
- Must be able to perform basic math and Excel skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years design and/or quality experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach with excellent organizational abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy, with the ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as independently
- Ability to regularly lift and move 10-50 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Knowledge of apparel
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner and a self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed per day or per week to meet business needs, including weekends, launch days, and holidays
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, and apparel manufacturing
- Knowledge of testing and inspection systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Strict Covid-19 Safety Protocols are in place, and all team members must follow the policy guidelines
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an at will, equal opportunity employer.