Dôen is a female owned and operated company that makes elevated, yet wearable everyday clothes inspired by the California vintage designs of past decades. Our mission is to support women in the workplace, and we do this by choosing domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. We believe change starts with us.
We are seeking an exceptional Production Manager to join us at our corporate office in Van Nuys HQ. This position reports to the Vice President of Product and serves a critical role in managing the manufacturing process from Photo Sample to Bulk Production. The ideal candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
You’ll be joining a company that’s inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
- Maintain a deep technical knowledge of the Dôen aesthetic to uphold and execute the highest quality in our products
- Develop respectful and collaborative relationships with our existing vendor base
- Oversee the Production Team to ensure that all daily tasks are completed in a timely manner, working closely and addressing any issues or questions that may arise
- Assist the VP of Product with the pre-costing process, compiling and analyzing fabrics, markers, and trim specs to estimate accurate and realistic pricing for all styles
- Obtain time in action calendar information from all vendors and communicate the information to planning/merchandising/VP of Product
- Work with vendors to receive and review standard WIP reports weekly to ensure production schedule is on time
- Engage and facilitate daily communication with vendors to address all Production related issues
- Communicate confirmed projection orders to garment vendors and negotiate best delivery dates
- Manage and review all confirmed costs and deliveries through WIP, ensuring ERP system and internal cost sheets reflect correct costs and delivery dates for vendors and cross-functional departments
- Review all bulk submits received against development submits and present findings to the VP of Product
- Communicate with vendors on bulk fabric, yarn, trim quality approvals, rejections, and trouble shooting
- Maintain accurate reporting of all outstanding issues
- Elevate and communicate high risk potential order problems to the VP of Product
- Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure fabrics/trims are approved for production and chase into pending lab dips/strike offs/knit downs to ensure on time production delivery
- Works closely with the Technical Design team to prioritize fit approvals
- Attends all production fittings
- Manage domestic raw material purchases and track costs
- Document all chargebacks for senior management to review
- Evaluate internal team procedures and proactively pilot more efficient and effective processes
- Review Production QC reports and send approvals to the Dôen Distribution Center
- Manage communication between Production Team and the Dôen Distribution Center & Quality Control Team
- Cultivate a ‘one-team’ environment and structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance, a culture of mentoring and feedback, and cross functional collaboration
- Seasonal travel to locations not limited to: India, Peru, Europe
- 5-7 years of experience in Apparel Production required
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Experience working with India preferred but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction, print techniques, knitwear, and excellent eye for color
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and Adaptable – priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
- High level of skill with Microsoft Excel
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
Dôen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate it and support it and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO CAREERS@SHOPDOEN.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “PRODUCTION MANAGER”