Logistics Manager(Night Shift)
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Night Shift)
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by vintage designs and a nostalgia for the California of past decades. Founded, owned, and operated by women, DÔEN is driven by the shared desire to make elevated yet wearable pieces for the everyday. We strive to use the DÔEN lifestyle and assortment to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives.
Our mission is to support women in the workplace, and we are intentional when selecting our manufacturers, partnering only with factories that share our company values. In making a decision to work with a specific facility, we look for several indicators -- including the people in management roles that identify as women, the factory’s ability to control all stages of production, the presence of an internal worker’s union, and any established foundations or organizations that directly benefit their employees and/or the surrounding community.
We are seeking an exceptional Logistics Manager for the Night Shift in Burbank, CA. The Logistics Manager is a key member in assisting with the day to day functions of the distribution center. Responsibilities will range from assisting with updating shipment details in the ERP system, inventory management, and communicating with logistics partners. They will support the Director of Warehousing and Logistics reporting any delays or inventory issues. Attention to detail, accuracy, and maintaining efficiency are important to this position.
You’ll be joining a company that’s inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views, as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, inclusivity, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
- Assist with updating incoming shipment dates in ERP system by monitoring and ensure information is being entered and updated properly in WMS system by team during receiving and inventory validation processes
- Communicate with cross-functional department on shipment deliveries and planned receipts.
- Support Logistics manager with managing logistics of Third-Party Partner and Vendor shipments
- Assist with inventory management in ERP system.
- Assist Logistics Manager with managing bulk production receiving process, verifying counts, coordinating delivery of production fit approvals, and QC findings
- Assist with issuing and documenting credit memos and chargebacks.
- Support Logistics Manager with coordinating end of year, mid-year, and weekly cycle counts to verify inventory accuracy
- Assist with verifying and submit vendor shipping documents to Accounting on all production shipments for on time payment to vendors.
- Assist with preparing all QC products and Production Approvals
- Coordinate with Distribution Manager on transfers orders as needed
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments for bulk production approvals
- Assist Logistics Manager with coordinating inventory allocation and storage at the DC.
- Perform general warehouse tasks as needed (labeling, distributing trim/raw materials inventory to Production Team) and additional admin tasks on as needed basis
- Coordinates with staff to ensure standard procedures and resolve any logistics issues on a daily basis
- Assist with picking, packing, or shipping of e-comm orders during high volume periods when needed.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, and security.
- Ensure internal alignment and completion of jobs/tasks between the two shifts.
- Assist Logistics Manager with maintaining a log of all FedEx/DHL claims on 71 lbs.
- Assist in managing the daily trade compliance operations for international import/export transactions by working with Director of Distribution, Logistics Mgr., customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure timely clearance
- Assist Logistics Manager in validating HTS codes in ERP system and Shipstation. Coordinating with customs broker when needed.
- Assist team with our new Duty Drawback Program and new audit process
- Help ensure that drawback records are maintained
- Coordinate and review import entry and export transaction (AES filings) files for supporting drawback transactions and claims
• 2-3 years Logistics experience (preferably in the fashion industry)
• 1-2 years Warehouse experience.
• 1-2 years Management experience.
• Knowledge of ERP and/or inventory management systems (NetSuite preferred)
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills showing the ability to communicate effectively with manager, co-workers and other personnel. Needs to be able to communicate affectively on email and/or telephone.
• Open availability, flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays
• Degree preferred but not mandatory
• The candidate needs to be organized and diligent showing ability to pay close attention to details.
• The candidate will need to be able to lift and move objects 10- 50 lbs.
• Able to follow set procedures and help identify improvements/ gaps
• Ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
• ERP/WMS/Shopify/Shipstation experience a plus
• Previous experience with duty drawbacks, customs brokers, and entry processes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, where managing multiple tasks is essential
• Strong organizational skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with HTS codes, and Automated Customs Environment (ACE), AES filing requirements
• Flexible, highly organized and a team player
To keep our employees safe, we follow the CDC guidelines and have implemented strict policies requiring that employees and visitors maintain social distance, use face masks, instituted hand sanitizing stations and encourage employees to regularly wash their hands