Human Resources Manager
Dôen is a female owned and operated company that makes elevated, yet wearable everyday clothes inspired by the California vintage designs of past decades. Our mission is to support women in the workplace, and we do this by choosing domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. We believe change starts with us.
We are seeking an exceptional Human Resources Manager to join us at our corporate office in Van Nuys HQ. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and serves a critical role in managing all areas of recruiting and human resources. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of federal and state policies and laws, versed in human resources best practices and procedures as well as experience with full cycle recruiting.
You’ll be joining a company that’s inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Prepares or updates employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
- Oversees hiring process, which includes prescreening candidates, coordinating job posts, proof-reading job descriptions, reviewing resumes, and performing reference and background checks.
- Explains human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
- Communicates company culture to prospective hires.
- Standardizes companywide interview process & trains management team on hiring best practice.
- Addresses any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations.
- Maintains payroll, payroll records, sick time, and vacation time.
- Maintains administration of employee benefit programs and responds to general benefits questions from employees.
- Keeps current tabs on Federal, State, and Local labor requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Analyzes policies and procedures and can recommend improvements.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Improves manager and team member performance by identifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing the selected solution; coaching and counseling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related major from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates an understanding of human resources policies and procedures.
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building partnerships, managing conflict and negotiations.
- Experience in Hiring, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Labor Laws, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment.
- Experience in managing workplace safety programs and OSHA standards compliance.
We are an at-will, equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment background check required.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DÔEN Human Resources Manager”