DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, andbelonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
DÔEN is looking for a dynamic and experienced HR Manager to join our growing team in Los Angeles. This position reports to our VP of Operations and is primarily responsible for the management of day-to-day HR operations and DEI talent acquisition across all departments. This role will partner closely with all department heads on HR functions for their teams and enable a world-class employee lifecycle experience including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, policy development, maintaining internal HR systems, and off-boarding.
- Develop, oversee and optimize new employee onboarding by partnering with hiring managers and the operations team for equipment/ systems set-up, welcome communication, and HR onboarding meetings with new team members.
- Find excellent and diverse candidates by building relationships with all hiring managers and understanding their needs, providing guidance in the interview process, candidate sourcing, screenings, and recruitment workflow.
- Oversee hiring process, which includes screening candidates, coordinating job posts, proof-reading job descriptions, reviewing resumes, and performing reference and background checks.
- Partner with company leaders and 3rd party HR Consultancy on employee lifecycle initiatives to improve talent retention across all departments.
- Partner with company leaders on DEIB efforts to ensure an inclusive environment.
- Educate team on company policies, procedures, compliance, laws, and standards.
- Partner with company leaders to design and implement quarterly performance reviews.
- Partner with managers to provide support with employee relations and performance management.
- Partner with Financial Controller bi-weekly to submit accurate timesheets and payroll submission.
- Maintain administration of employee benefit programs and respond to general benefits questions from employees.
- Keeps current tabs on Federal, State, and Local labor requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Analyzes policies and procedures and can recommend improvements including annual updates to the employee handbook.
- Improve manager and team member performance by identifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing the selected solution; coaching and counseling.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support to managers, coordinators, and creative assistants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of proven success in a hands-on HR role with an emphasis on employee relations and talent acquisition.
- Ability to analyze and draft proposals for negotiations, and employment agreements
- Demonstrate organization and problem-solving skills by analyzing and providing strong recommendations for HR improvements.
- Proven success in recruiting a diverse talent pool and finding candidates who will foster an environment of inclusion.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, i.e., HR meetings, trainings, panels.
- Advanced knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult and sensitive situations/individuals effectively.
- Excellent project management and execution skills.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and can manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team and business.
- Efficient and organized.
- Self-directed with a high sense of urgency–a proactive and adaptable "doer"; entrepreneurial and comfortable operating with ambiguity and change; eager to learn and build; a no-task-too-small mentality
- Works closely with our 3rd Party HR team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced culture where the business needs are ever-evolving, with a critical thinking mindset that anticipates and addresses growth needs of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members of different backgrounds and skill sets, cultural experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that balance people development with company goals with an emphasis on building partnerships, managing conflict resolution and negotiations.
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite.
- HR certifications are a plus.
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer