DIRECTOR OF WAREHOUSING AND LOGISTICS
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by the California landscapes of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
DIRECTOR OF WAREHOUSING AND LOGISTICS
We are seeking an exceptional Director of Warehousing and Logistics. The Director oversees the organization’s distribution/logistics/warehouse department, performing a variety of tasks to implement company objectives for cost savings, warehouse operational efficiencies, and building/improving warehouse processes that advance the objectives set by the Executive Team. The Director develops and manages logistics plans and procedures to ensure that internal and external vendor and client needs are met, creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the warehouse and logistics teams, and develops policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Recruits and hires new warehouse and logistics employees to support the Distribution Management Team.
- Coaches, counsels, and enforces policies and procedures to build strong working relationships with the current warehouse employees while creating a safe and friendly environment.
- Oversees the staff activities to make sure operations flow smoothly, instructs accordingly, and motivates team performance.
- Oversight of shipping processes.
- Establishes, follows, and enforces safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements. Directs and assures a safe, clean, and orderly warehouse.
- Works closely with various people both internally and externally (such as vendors) to negotiate and get the best rates possible on materials and logistics services.
- Responsible for creating and recommending strategic plans and reviews in order to achieve warehouse operational objectives.
- Works with the team to develop, implement, and enforce warehouse and logistics operation systems that create more efficiencies.
- Accountable for maintaining accurate landed costs and inventory records and daily QA of customs duty calculation accuracy.
- Constantly evaluates warehouse processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that the inventory is monitored accurately within the system and during counts.
- Works closely with the Logistics and Warehouse teams to determine the best practice for product handling and storage requirements.
- Develops and manages warehouse Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversees Picking/Packing processes.
- Manages facilities planning and warehouse equipment planning to support future growth.
- Responsible for direct communication and coordination of timely product receipt, product organization, capacity, and storage of product in warehouse.
- Upholds COVID-19 prevention and safety protocols at the DC per direction from HR/OPS, and ensures that daily protocols are being followed in the DC.
- Responsible for identifying problem areas and procedural deficiencies relating to stock shortages.
- Directs processes to reduce property or financial losses.
- Responsible for our Duty Drawback Program – overseeing ownership of maintaining duty drawback filings in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for generating reporting on duty drawback filings periodically and working with Operations to create forecasts.
- Ability to manage processes and identify procedural gaps
- Ability to manage team members effectively
- Data entry and data processing skills
- Reporting skills
- Ability to accurately analyze information
- Ability to prioritize between company and individual challenges
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Negotiating skillfully to arrive at agreements that benefit the company and vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- ERP experience is a must, Netsuite would be preferred.
- Experience with Shopify, Shipstation, and Ship Manager
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
To keep our employees safe, we follow the CDC guidelines and have implemented strict policies requiring that employees and visitors maintain social distance, use face masks, instituted hand sanitizing stations and encourage employees to regularly wash their hands