Director of Content Marketing (LA or NY)
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Director of Content Marketing (LA or NY)
The Director of Content Marketing will be a dynamic storyteller and writer, ideating powerful and inspiring narratives that connect with the growing DÔEN community. With a desire to pioneer new avenues of brand marketing, this team member will play a critical role in ideating, writing, and leading meaningful stories that highlight our value chain and bring our dynamic design, production and development processes to life. This role requires a 360 approach to marketing strategy and content development as it relates to brand mission, product strategies, and go-to-market plans, across the entire brand ecosystem. All marketing assets and strategic content will drive a consistent and relevant brand message, while upholding company values.
This position will report to the CEO.
- Create, coordinate and develop innovative and strategic marketing content in partnership with Creative/Content, E-commerceand Merchandising:
- Oversee assets, go-to market strategies, and messaging for campaigns and launches across all channels for a 360 approach
- Produce integrated marketing strategies and assets to drive seasonal launches, new category expansion, and create briefs for cross-functional partners
- Create marketing initiatives and stories in between drops to maximize sales on high inventory investments and “core” product
- Ideate, research, and launch content stories, with approval by the Creative Director of Content
- Partner with Ecomm to develop digital and paid social media campaigns that cohesively amplify our messages, lead to organic discovery, improve SEO, and drive conversion, with approval from the Creative Director of Content.
- Partner with Ecomm and Creative/Content teams to manage consistency in email and social strategies.
- Closely partner with Design, Production, and Merchandising to create and drive product knowledge tools in order to educate all channels including Retail, Ecomm, and Customer Care.
- Responsible for approval on all copy relating to product descriptions and product knowledge, partnering with Design and Production to ensure accuracy while maintaining consistent brand voice.
- Partner with Director of Communications on brand collateral including newsletter copy and social assets, brand decks and reporting as pertains to product and company initiatives.
- Partner with the Director of Impact to understand the product life cycle, infuse the brand mission and identity into product copy, storytelling, educational content, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with all team leaders and in close partnership with the Director of Impact on annual external and internal reporting on impact, initiatives, and practices.
- Use industry trends and data coupled with community insights, via the social media team, to build product launch strategies that are educational and compelling, but still advance our brand mission and DNA.
- Assess campaign/product story performance and share learnings and key takeaways with cross-functional teams.
- Establish and manage marketing calendar to ensure cross-functional alignment and a streamlined customer experience.
- Manage and track content guidelines to maintain inclusivity and work on building community through innovative, cross-platform communication tactics.
- Partner with Communications and Creative Content team on departmental budget, periodic reporting on ROI for departmental investments.
- Explore and create brand partnerships, external relationships and affiliations that align with brand values and enrich brand story.
- Attend all company Employee Resource Group meetings and provide any non-confidential information surrounding how our product and marketing initiatives uphold ERG’s missions.
- Build and develop an internal team, as well as cultivate a network of consultant support as needed.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- A creative marketing professional with at least 5-7 years of experience in marketing within the apparel, beauty, or consumer goods industry, experience with DTC a plus
- Refined skills in creative and adaptable writing and/or editorial writing required
- Proven success in writing impactful messaging and brand narratives using strategic storytelling, from ideation through implementation
- A strong grasp of trends and best-practices in brand marketing, including knowledge, sensitivity and insight to effectively and authentically engage in current social media and ecommerce ecosystems
- Understanding of the fashion supply chain a plus
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, resourceful and positive team player with excellent management skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent project management skills and be able to act as a liaison between multiple teams leading up to product launches, collaborations, or execution of Company initiatives
- Must possess excellent judgement and critical attention to detail
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members of different backgrounds and skill sets, cultural experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives can change quickly
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.