Director of Brand Marketing (LA or NY based)
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Director of Brand Marketing
The Director of Brand Marketing will be responsible for ideating and leading brand storytelling as it relates to brand mission and product strategies, maximizing alignment and synergy across all channels of business and driving cross-functional execution for all marketing initiatives. This person will play a critical role in building marketing storytelling and go-to-market plans, in collaboration with many team members across the organization, while driving a consistent and relevant brand message, and upholding company values.
This position will report to the CEO.
- Create and develop innovative marketing stories in partnership with Creative/Content and Merchandising, coordinate assets and align strategy and messaging across all channels for a 360 degree approach.
- Establish and manage monthly marketing calendar to ensure cross-functional alignment and a streamlined customer experience.
- Align cross-functional stakeholders (Merch, Ecom, Content) on go-to-market strategies and messaging for campaigns and launches, collaborating with Content on providing suites of assets and copy to support.
- Manage and track content guidelines to maintain inclusivity and work on building community through innovative, cross-platform communication tactics.
- Ideate integrated marketing strategy to drive seasonal launches, new category expansion, and big ideas and create briefs for cross-functional partners.
- Closely partner with Design, Production, and Merchandising to create and drive product knowledge tools in order to educate all channels including Retail, Ecom, and Customer Care.
- Responsible for approval on all copy relating to product descriptions and product knowledge, partnering with Design and Production to ensure accuracy while maintaining consistent brand voice.
- Focus on marketing initiatives and stories in between drops in order to maximize sales on high inventory investments and “core” product.
- Partner with Ecom and Creative/Content teams to manage consistency in email and social strategies.
- Partner with Ecom to develop digital and paid social media campaigns that cohesively amplify our messages and drive conversion.
- Assess campaign/product story performance and share learnings and key takeaways with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Director of Communications on brand collateral including newsletter copy and social assets, brand decks and reporting as pertains to product and company initiatives.
- Explore and create external relationships and affiliations that align with brand values and enrich brand story.
- Attend all company Employee Resource Group meetings and feedback to ERG’s all non-confidential information surrounding how our product and marketing initiatives uphold ERG’s mission
- Use industry trends and data coupled with community insights (via our social media team) to build product launch strategies that are educational and compelling, but still advance our brand mission and DNA
- Partner with Director of Impact to understand the product lifecycle and infuse the brand mission and identity into product copy, storytelling, educational content, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with all team leaders and in close partnership with Director of Impact on annual external and internal reporting on impact, initiatives, and practices.
- Build and develop internal team, as well as cultivate network of consultant support as needed.
- A creative marketing professional with at least 5-7 years of experience in brand marketing within the apparel industry.
- Proven success in creating impactful messaging and brand narratives using strategic storytelling, from ideation through implementation.
- A strong grasp of trends and best-practices in brand marketing, including knowledge, sensitivity and insight to effectively and authentically engage in current social media and ecommerce ecosystems.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, resourceful and positive team player with excellent management skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent project management skills and be able to act as a liaison between multiple teams leading up to product launches, collaborations, or execution of Company initiatives.
- Must possess excellent judgement and critical attention to detail.
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members of different backgrounds and skill sets, cultural experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives can change quickly.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.