Dôen is seeking a highly organized and motivated Design Associate to join our team on a full-time basis in North Hollywood. The ideal candidate will support Chief Creative Officer in daily functions with an emphasis on sketching into seasonal concept. Design Associate will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Create and maintain presentation/ design boards up to date
- Liaising between CCO and Product Development and Production Team
- Flat sketch designs from concept, update sketches as product evolves
- CAD print to bodies and work on print and pattern placement layouts
- Research design details and elements that are in line with brand creative direction
- Work on design and concept for updates to best-selling styles
- Being mindful of the design/development calendar and helping design stay on calendar/strategize lead times when launching new designs
- 2-4 years of experience in apparel industry
- Degree in Apparel or Fashion
- Experience with CAD and Adobe (Photoshop & Illustrator) software
- Strong Sketching skills
- Knowledge of the wash/dye process, embellishments and different fabrics
- Relevant contemporary experience with an appreciation of fabric, trims,
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
- Attention to detail & deadline oriented
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
Dôen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate it and support it and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO CAREERS@SHOPDOEN.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “DESIGN ASSOCIATE”