Dôen is seeking a creative, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Design Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis in our North Hollywood office. The Ideal candidate possesses strong verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working as part of a team to deliver great product.
- Works directly with the Chief Creative Officer/Founder on print and embroidery d development and design
- Managing communication of print development and embroidery development with vendor and graphic artist
- Working on concept development within seasonal themes
- High volume hand sketching
- Researching design details and elements that are in line with brand creative direction
- Managing, updating, distributing, and liaising line-sheets between design and development
- Production-liaising between Chief Creative Office and Development/Production Team
- Being mindful of the design/development calendar and helping design stay on calendar
- Work on design and concept for updates to best-selling styles
- Assists design team with organization and filing of vintage samples and submits
- Maintains the fabric/trim library
- Supports Associate Designer in putting together presentations and print comments
- Assists the design team in trend research, colors, fabrics & trims
- Builds collaborative relationships with cross functional team members
- Degree in Apparel or Fashion (2-4-year program)
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong organizational skills and attention to product detail
- Strong sketching skills required
- Pattern knowledge
- Color sensibility
- Knowledge of the wash/dye process, embellishments and different fabric
- Experience fitting on a live model
- Meticulous and organized
- Able to take direction with minimal supervision
- Follow through on all given tasks to completion
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable in a rapidly growing company
We are an at-will, equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment background check required.
Please reply with cover letter and resume to careers@shopdoen with subject line "Design Assistant"
Our Core Values:
Grow with us. As we expand as a business, we’re looking for people willing to keep learning and growing with us as a part of our team, with ambition and their own personal goals for their position. You’ll do your part to work toward the company’s goals and your own, with a focus on the end goal and an awareness of the big picture.
Understand our brand. When filling any position we seek those who have an understanding of our brand point of view and customer. A shared aesthetic understanding is especially important for any position that interfaces with our design and community.
Work independently, treat people respectfully. We encourage people to be self-sufficient, independent thinkers and problem solvers. We look for team members who treat each other with respect and understanding, while maintaining personal values of honesty, integrity, kindness, and self-improvement.
Treat management as mentorship. Our managers have a responsibility to provide ongoing feedback, challenging work, and growth opportunities to team members who consistently perform and demonstrate total ownership of their role.