Dôen is a female owned and operated company that makes elevated, yet wearable everyday clothes inspired by the California vintage designs of past decades. Our mission is to support women in the workplace, and we do this by choosing domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by
partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. We believe change starts with us.
We are seeking an exceptional Assistant Merchant to join us at our corporate office in North Hollywood/Van Nuys. This position reports to the Senior Director of Merchandising and Planning and will directly support business growth by providing data analysis and trend insight to help shape future product lines and drive performance of existing lines. You’ll be joining a company that’s inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
- Preparation and basic analysis of sales and inventory reports
- Quickly react to best sellers, eventual ownership of recut budget
- Maintain list of bestsellers
- Liaise with design team to maintain seasonal buy sheet and monitor against OTB and seasonal line plan
- Support flow of information from design to merchandising
- Support Director of Merch/Planning in preparation for key business meetings, (assortment, planning, line reviews, financial planning, email calendar planning)
- Monthly reconciliation of receipts
- Partner with production team to chase deliveries of key product
- Partner with site merchandising and content teams to ensure top investments are prominently featured
- Assess departments workflow and process and be able to make recommendation to streamline efficiency
- Clean up and validate Excel data to support migration to new ERP system
- Update seasonal size breaks
- Support Retail Director in store replenishment, as needed
- Minimum 1 year experience in a merchandising or buying role
- Must be proficient in Excel with an understanding and prior use of retail math
- Strong analytical skills and a natural penchant for numbers
- Ability and natural drive to create and maintain organization within the department
- Strong, clear, direct, articulate communication
- Passion for product and trend awareness
- Good judgement, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
- High integrity and positive attitude
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
Dôen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate it and support it and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO CAREERS@SHOPDOEN.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “ASSISTANT MERCHANT”