DÔEN is looking for an experienced Art Director with a proven track record in the apparel industry. This position will report and work closely with our Creative Director, Content. The Art Director will facilitate the vision for all the location shoots, will execute on their own creative project from start to finish. The ideal candidate has the ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment with a creative approach. This is an all-encompassing opportunity to raise the bar on creative: naming, identity, and brand design; photography and video art direction. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to motivate through vision and dedication to excellence; demonstrate success translating business goals into original solutions; and a desire to inspire and collaborate with a passionate team.
- Collaborate with CCO, CEO, and Creative Director, Content to explore, develop, and implement the vision for all asset requests, execute items given, bubble up fresh ideas
- Manage all ad creation for site, e-mail, advertising, and print (newsletters)
- Oversee all packaging, including printed collateral (ie: seasonal postcards)
- Provide new ideas to Creative Director, Content
- Support all Ecomm graphic / art needs
- On-site management of shoots and general aesthetic to ensure shot lists and overall vision is adhered to
- Conduct content and asset review with the Creative Director, Content ensuring needs have been met
- Collaborate proactively with other teams as needed (Communications, Ecommerce, etc )
- Attend and participate in weekly creative meetings, understand creative vision & taste level in addition to executing work
- Conduct ongoing video, photo, design, trend, and other creative research to present and incorporate for upcoming projects
- Maintain brand guidelines within the scope of your role, as laid out by the Creative Director, Content
- Manage creative direction and development for a host of projects–inclusive of branding, photography and graphic design
- Develop creative positioning (graphic look and feel, voice, branding, and photography etc.) for web, digital, and marketing
- Create Lookbooks every season and own presentation pdfs
- Recolor photography for website
- Work with Director of Communications on crafting responses to sensitive matters/ communication: i.e. newsletters, Instagram stories etc.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent concepting, creative development, and design skills
- Effective cross-team collaborator with the ability to work across multiple creative projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- 5 plus years of experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to turn ideas into a creative vision.
- Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and related design and production software.
- Working knowledge of Shopify and Netsuite a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in design (ie. Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Advertising or similar) or equivalent professional experience.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EMPLOYING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND PORTFOLIO TO CAREERS@SHOPDOEN.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “ART DIRECTOR”